The Instagram magnifying glass algorithm collects information from all your activity within this social network. The posts we like, the Reels we save or share, even the posts we mark as ‘Not Interested’ all feed into the algorithm for Instagram to provide us with content that matches our interests. This is a way to keep us more entertained by showing us photos, videos, and Reels that we like.
How to Reset Instagram Magnifier Algorithm? – Reset your Preferences
However, by reacting in a particular way to certain content, your influence can completely alter the rest of the suggestions. That is why as a result we would get a lot of publications that are not to our liking. For this we have the option to reset this suggestion algorithm and leave it as if it were a new account.
- How can you update the content of the magnifying glass in your account?
- What will happen to your Instagram account when you restart the ‘Explore’ section?
- How can you completely reset the suggestions that Instagram shows you?
- From PC
- With the Android app
- Using the iOS app
How can you update the content of the magnifying glass in your account?
If this is your first time logging into Instagram from a new device, then when you enter the magnifying glass content, it will automatically refresh , meaning it will show the most recent content that you haven’t viewed before.
On the other hand, if every time you enter the content of the magnifying glass from your account you always find the same content as always, it will only be enough to locate yourself in this section and slide your finger from the center of the screen downwards . Once you do this, the magnifying glass section will update and you will be able to enjoy new content of your interest.
It is important to note that this section cannot be updated continuously , so you should wait a few minutes before trying to update again. If you still can’t get it to update then you should wait more time to try again.
What will happen to your Instagram account when you restart the ‘Explore’ section?
Every action that takes place on Instagram feeds the algorithm that defines the content suggested by the platform. This means that if we restart our ‘Explore’ section, then the algorithm resets our past activity.
This reset shows the interest of our account as if it were a new account. Therefore, Instagram does not have information that allows it to determine suitable content or content of our interest for the ‘Explore’ section.
So, if Instagram does not know our interests, what does Instagram suggest us in the content of the magnifying glass? Well, a wide variety of content on various topics will appear here, mainly content that is trending.
Your first activity on Instagram after this ‘suggestion reset’ is key to the Instagram algorithm. Any like, comment or marker that we make will begin to feed our interests within the platform again so that its algorithm determines again a set of content that we like.
How can you completely reset the suggestions that Instagram shows you?
If you do not like the content that Instagram suggests, it is necessary to reset the data of this algorithm . To do this, the procedure can be carried out in a different way depending on the device where you use your account.
Resetting Instagram suggestions from the PC is much easier than doing it from other devices, now you just have to do the following:
- Open your Instagram account from the browser .
- Click on the Instagram search bar.
- At the top you will find the ‘Delete all’ option, you must press it to proceed.
Once this is done , your searches will be deleted and your suggestions will be reset. You do not need to sign out for the changes to take effect.
With the Android app
To completely reset Instagram Suggestions from the Android app, you must first complete each of the following steps:
- Log in to your Instagram account .
- Go to your profile, then tap the three horizontal lines at the top right of the screen.
- Next, press the configuration option.
- Now click on Security and then on Search history.
- Finally, click on Clear search history.
Once this is done, it is necessary to clear the cache of our application . The steps you must follow to do this are the following:
- We open the Settings of our device.
- Then we click on the applications option.
- We locate the Instagram application among the options and click on it.
- Now we press where it indicates Memory.
- Finally, we select the Clear cache option.
Using the iOS app
Like the previous procedure, we’ll start by opening the Instagram app and logging into our account, then completing these steps:
- In the section of our profile, we press the three lines in the upper left corner.
- Now we go to our account settings and then to the security option.
- Here we click on the Search history option and then press the Clear search history button.
Our next step to reset Instagram suggestions will be to remove the Instagram application and reinstall it on our device. This is due to the absence of the option to clear the cache of it.
When you log in again you will notice that the Explore section is reset and you will have to re-feed the algorithm with your interests to personalize these suggestions.