A Wi- Fi camera is a surveillance device that works with an Internet connection, with which you can monitor your home using the software offered by the provider. Currently, every day more people use them, therefore, in this article we will show you the best Wi- Fi cameras that exist on the market.
- Logitech Circle 2
- D-Link DSH-C310
- Samsung SNH-C6417BN
- Xiaomi MI Home Security
- Blink XT2
- What to look for when buying wifi cameras?
Logitech Circle 2
This camera belongs to the mid-range of Logitech, but despite this it offers very good features:
- Waterproof, which is a point in its favor, since if you need a camera for the outdoors, you will need it not to be affected by water.
- 1080p HD quality. It’s not the best quality currently out there, but it’s more than enough for a Wi-Fi camera.
- Night vision. This function is very good, since at night you can continue to see if there is an intruder near your home.
- Two different formats. The Logitech Circle 2 offers two formats, one wired and one wireless. Therefore, you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Cloud storage. Most cameras have the option of adding a microSD card to store the videos, instead with this model you can store them in the cloud.
This device is priced at €239, which makes it one of the best Wi- Fi cameras for home use, since it meets the necessary functionalities to protect your home.
This company is one of the leaders in IP technology, so its D-Link DSH-C310 model could not be missing from our ranking. And, it is that this wifi camera has some very good characteristics:
- 180º lens. Most cameras for domestic use have this type of angle, but this model has something special, and it is that it has Wide Eye technology, with which you can have a good vision in large rooms.
- Full HD along with good sound. An essential feature in Wi-Fi cameras is that the video is of good quality as well as the sound, so this model offers us both.
- instant notifications. A novelty that the DSH-C310 has is that if it detects any type of movement or sound, it sends a notification to your mobile phone.
- two-way audio. Thanks to the integration of a speaker you can communicate through the camera.
- Ample capacity. This model has a capacity of up to 128GB.
The D-Link DSH-C310 is aimed at domestic use in an indoor environment, since it does not have the optimal functionalities to be used outdoors. Currently, it has a market price of €115, which makes it the best Wi-Fi camera in terms of value for money.
In this ranking the technological giant could not be missing, and Samsung has also launched a line of Wi-Fi cameras with some very interesting characteristics:
- Full HD 1080p quality. It has the same resolution as the aforementioned devices, but this time it has Full HD quality.
- two-way conversation. Thanks to the microphone and speakers that this model has integrated, we can carry out two-way conversations without any problem.
- Motion detection. In the same way as its previous competitors, this camera also has motion detection, a primary feature.
- Great capacity. The Samsung SNH-C6417BN has a capacity of up to 128 GB, which is more than enough for an IP camera.
This wifi camera has a value of €127, which is a good price to be able to enjoy the quality of Samsung.
Xiaomi MI Home Security
The powerful Asian company has launched its security IP camera on the market, which is characterized by:
- Competitive price. Xiaomi is a company that always tries to offer good quality along with competitive prices, as this model was not going to be less. And, it is that this wifi camerais the cheapest of the entire ranking, but despite this it offers good features for basic use.
- 360º lens. Unlike the aforementioned products, this model has a 360º angle so you can monitor your home with a single camera.
- Night vision. Thanks to the infrared rays that this camera has, we can have a very good quality in the dark.
- 720p quality. Most devices of this nature have a quality of at least 1080p. Instead, this model has 720p, despite this it continues to provide good video clarity.
- Optimum storage capacity, as it supports microSD cards up to 64 GB.
The Xiaomi MI Home Security has a market value of €34.90, so this IP camera is recommended for basic use.
This device is not as well known as the ones mentioned above, but despite this it has some very good features:
- Exterior and interior use. This IP camera has the characteristic of being waterproof so you can use it both inside your home and outside.
- Custom motion detection. This is a novelty in this model, since now you can configure the device to choose the areas in which it should send notifications if there is movement.
- Cloud storage. You will be able to store all the videos in the cloud without having to pay any type of fee.
- 1080p quality.
This wifi camera is priced at €110, making it a good alternative to the Logitech Circle 2, since they have similar features but the Blink XT2 is cheaper.
What to look for when buying wifi cameras?
When buying a Wi-Fi camera, different factors must be taken into account, since a camera for domestic use is not the same as for more professional use. Despite this, we will show the basic characteristics that this type of camera must have:
- Infrared vision. Night vision is essential, since Wi- Fi camerasneed to work 24 hours a day to ensure maximum security.
- This is extremely important, since the main function of this type of device is to monitor your property, so the quality must be optimal, at least 720p.
- Movement detector. A wifi camera must have a motion detector to notify the owner of what is happening in the home.
- Storage capacity. The minimum capacity that a device with these characteristics must have is 64 GB.